Sunday, October 26, 2008

Hummus




(click to big)

Transparent Watercolor 10x15 cm ( approx 4"x6")
.
What I had for lunch yesterday at one of my regular hummus hangouts, Kaful, near where I live in Tel Aviv.
There really is a reason I painted this.
.
I joined a group called Every Day Matters. (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/everydaymatters/)
The assignment this week was to draw a baked potato with the toppings. Except, I haven't seen a baked potato in about 5 years, much less with things like...bacon bits and sour cream. This is the closest thing I could think of , and I really didn't want to be left out!
.
This hummus had ful (beans), kuzburro (cilantro), tachina ( umm, sesame something?), skug (hot chili paste), olive oil and a few falafel balls with a slice of onion and some hot peppers. There was also pita and a Goldstar, but I didn't want to stretch my luck.





12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so yum!! Looks as light as it is for your tummy

Anonymous said...

This is so well done! There's not a thing on that plate that I have ever eaten---not sure----but I would try it all if the occasion arose. Beautiful job ! E J Mordasky

Christie said...

It sounds delicious and it looks delicious, too. I'd trade a baked potato for this dish any day!

Sarah Peguine (שרה פגין) said...

I just love hummus! and I really enjoy reading your blog and seeing your great work.

Anonymous said...

Lovely painting of a dish that sounds delicious. Welcome to EDM.

Margaret Ann said...

A beautiful serving of hummus and art! :)

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Mmmmmmmm. My absolute favourite meal. I was in Isreal for a year, many years ago, and I ate this non stop.

The painting is really beauitful, too.

marcello murru said...

Carol:
Buonasera!!
First thanks for the post ,this for me the 3ed sketchcrawl from Israel.I post before few months on the forum in the hope to meet another artists for don't be alone in so funny day.Next time we can decide any place and go for this.
I take a look about your fantastic blog. Very special art.
So I'm very happy to contact you.
I am an architect from Italy ,I work in my office, and I live in Galilee whit my wife and my two twins !!
Here is my mail,I'm be very happy
don't be so lonly in art!
marcellom@bezeqint.net
best regards
marcello

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

Good one I love it. Another good reason to visit my country this December. No one can make this dish better than the Israelis.
Yam.

Ann said...

Oh, this looks delicious! Beautiful painting.

Timaree said...

You did a great job on this. The shading makes it look so real.

Jala Pfaff said...

What a marvelous painting!!! Mmm...you've made me hungry for the Jerusalem falafel I once had...