Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Flowers on Rehov Balfour


(click to big)
Transparent Watercolor  14x20 cm

Roses are in season right now, 10 sheckels (about $2.50)  for 10, so even though they barely last a week, I buy 30 at a time and enjoy the mass of warm color that picks up the color of the building across the street on Rehov Balfour so nicely.  Part of living near shuk haCarmel is the wealth of fresh flowers in addition to fresh vegetables all the time.  I love my life here.

Thanks to Karin Jurick for the inspiration. She posted a photo of some things she sees and loves every morning: a buddha and hydrangeas flowers.  I didn't really relate to her loved things, but I certainly related to loving to see them in the morning and just traded my "view" for her's.
Thanks, Karin!

15 comments:

Nancy L. Vance said...

Love this composition! You did a great job conveying the sense of space with the scene across the street and the reflections on the tabletop.

BARBARA WEEKS said...

Spectacular!

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

I knew that you will comeup with something special.
i can smell the Shuk from here.
See ya soon.

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

The saturated color here is fantastic. Yours really stands out from the crowd, great job!

dominique eichi said...

Beautiful watercolor in every way.
I like how you transpose your view from Karin's. That would be a great exercise for all of us instead of doing the pictures that is presented but with similarity the way you did . : -) I will have to try this.

Suzanne McDermott said...

Absolutely masterful piece in every way. I'm so glad to have found your blog!

toby said...

I'm not an artist, so I can't say anything smart about sense of space or saturated color, but wow! That is gorgeous!

Hillary Miller said...

I love the abstract quality of the piece - the shapes, arrangement of saturated colors against unsaturated, spaces broken up into interesting interlocking puzzle pieces!

Carol Feldman said...

I never know what to say to the nice things you say. It is wonderful to come here and see that so many people have responded to what I am doing. Thank you.

Jen said...

Hi. I just dropped by this morning and enjoyed strolling through your art. Beautiful work.

Laura Frankstone said...

Gorgeous, exquisite!

Carol Feldman said...

Thank you for coming by!
It really makes my day to see your comments!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous. The reflection is wonderful. Visiting your blog is always a treat!

Anonymous said...

Hello
Pleasant journey on your admirable artistic site:
Your approach to watercolor is also my passion strong grip my interest
Bravo for your creations who speak a language without words that parade of artistic emotion
Pleasure

Christian Couteau French Watercolor’s painter

Blog : Aquarelle et voyage ( Watercolor and travel )

rickismom said...

I thought that this was very nice!
(Especially on a grey morning....)